Re: Documentation Required

I know the pain. If you look at all the docs from openldap, cyrus-sasl, etc. all you get is the tech writer style of techno bs and no single working example of a simple authenticated and secure setup.
There is new O'Reilly book 'LDAP System Administration' which sheds some light on SASL and SSL/TLS but still no conclusive recipe.
There is Linux Journal from Dec.2002 devoted to OpenLDAP with lots of articles but no working setups either.
Hope this helps.
-Peter

Felix Schubert wrote:
As a newbie for 8 weeks I am nearly breaking down by trying to setup the server.

I am using Suse 8.1 and OpenLDAP 2.1.4

I only want to setup the server to be used as corporate addressbook and therefore I am looking for Documentation which schemata i need and how I can create a proper ldif file which will be accepted by the LDAP server.

If I understand the docs from this site the schema concepts has changed from 2.0.X to 2.1.X so all my searches for documentation ran into the old system documentation.

Thx for your help

felix

neue medien + it
unity concepts gmbh