Re: Are my ACLs messed up or is gq?

På su , 04/05/2003 klokka 01:33, skreiv Jim C:

> Problem:  I can't get gq-0.6.0 to give my root user global write access.
> I've tweaked with just about every setting I could find and nodice and so
> the question remains.  Is this a bad version of gq or are my ACLs somehow
> messed up?

3 points:

1: I use GQ 0.7.0b and have no problems; I can do what you want. Other
people have had problems with 0.6.0;

2: There is a low-volume GQ mailing list,
gqclient-discuss-request@lists.sourceforge.net, which could better you
informed on GQ;

3:
> access to dn=".*,dc=microverse,dc=net"
> attr=userPassword,lmPassword,ntPassword
>         by dn="cn=root,dc=microverse,dc=net" write
>         by dn="cn=proxyuser,dc=microverse,dc=net" read
>         by self write
>         by * auth

Try:

access to dn="dc=microverse,dc=net"
attr=userPassword,lmPassword,ntPassword
  by dn="cn=root,dc=microverse,dc=net" write

etc.

You've given access to a subtree without giving access to its parent.

Best,

Tony

--
Tony Earnshaw

Do not come to visit me with both arms the same length.

e-post:		tonni@billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl

Tony Earnshaw