RE: back-bdb performance/configuration: Suggestions?

My intuition here is that using a different partition won't help. However,
there a lot of factors to consider, and it probably wouldn't hurt to try. But
really, you need a second disk; the disk seek overhead is what's killing
these write times.

  -- Howard Chu