Re: ldapmodule for perl

<(snip)>

In my experience Net::LDAP is rather slow. Pathetically slow. I can
understand why people using it would advise you to just write in C instead.
We use Net::LDAPapi which was written by Clayton Donley and subsequently
abandoned. This module uses XSUBs to call libldap directly; it is very fast,
very nearly as fast as running in straight C code. At Symas we've taken the
last public release of Net::LDAPapi and added a few LDAPv3/OpenLDAP API
features to it - support for binding to an LDAP URL, support for StartTLS,
SASL binding, and some other miscellaneous extensions.

Where can I find the lastest version of the Net::LDAPapi module and your patchset?

Tarjei

We also use it with EmbPerl in Apache for easy web access to LDAP. I highly recommend both of these modules; they make this kind of programming trivially easy.

 -- Howard Chu