RE: OpenLDAP performance issue

This is my setup. I am running Openldap 2.1.6 on a Sun Ultra 60, dual CPU. I configured the software with the "null" backend. This means that no query is actually being performed, the server just errors back. I'm using this case to see what kind of throughput I can get through the OpenLDAP daemon iteself. I have changed nothing in the configure except for enabling the null backend. I start up slapd, and I am using the ldapsearch CLU to send a high load of requests to the server. I can only get about 30 ldapsearch/ sec. Like I said before. Each ldapsearch actually creates a new socket, bind, searches and unbinds. When I look at the slapd process using "top", the process seems to be in sleep state 99% of the time, even under heavy load??? Anyone know what is going on??? Thanks, Sarah ps. I will try this test with the lastest OpenLDAP version. -----Original Message----- From: Paternoster Sergio [mailto:Sergio.Paternoster@h3g.it] Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2003 4:46 AM To: Sarah Burke; openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org Subject: RE: OpenLDAP performance issue Hi, I'using OpenLDAP on Solaris box too and I'm able to get more than 200 request/second even on a 'little' Sun Netra T1 (1CPU and 1Gb RAM). I run OpenLDAP 2.0.25 at the moment. What solaris box do you have? regards Sergio -----Original Message----- From: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org [mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org]On Behalf Of Sarah Burke Sent: Tuesday, 29 April, 2003 23:04 To: 'openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org' Subject: OpenLDAP performance issue Hi, I am using OpenLDAP 2.1.6 on a Solaris 8 box. I cannot seem to get more than 30 requests/sec throughput, even setting it up using the "null" backend? Each "request" is a full connection, anonymous bind, search, unbind. Anyone know why this is happening? I want to use OpenLDAP as the front-end for an application, but I would need 100 request/sec throughput. Thanks, Sarah Bridgewater Systems Hosts a 4-city Wi-Fi Forum for Service Providers May 7-14, 2003 To learn more about the event and to register please visit: http://www.bridgewatersystems.com/forum Bridgewater Systems Hosts a 4-city Wi-Fi Forum for Service Providers May 7-14, 2003 To learn more about the event and to register please visit: http://www.bridgewatersystems.com/forum