Re: Ldap.conf not working

Hi,

I tried something similar by setting the following in
/root/.ldaprc:

BASE dc=example,dc=com
BINDDN cn=Manager,dc=example,dc=com

then runs:

ldapsearch -x -W 'uid=user' uidNumber

My results were slightly different from Robert's ones:
I got the results (numEntries: 2, instead of what I
assumed Robert's one to be 0) but I also saw the base
to show as <>:

# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <> with scope sub
# filter: uid=user
# requesting: uidNumber
#

For sure it is not using /etc/ldap.conf ( I have not
configure /etc/ldap.conf. The default one uses the
*real* base=dc=example,dc=com , which is different
from my base)

I am also interested in why the behaviour is
there.Please advise.

Thanks
Chee Wai