Re: Replication: class filter.

alex wrote:

> in your filter , you provide :
> >
> attr!="posixAccount,shadowAccount,loginShell,homeDirectory,uidNumber,gidNumb
> er,gecos"
> where the "posixAccount ,shadowAccount " etc. are the value of objectclass
> ("objectclass" is an attribute name) , not a attribute name, and the "attr"
> directive only accepts to including or excluding  attributes' names. slapd
> does not recognize an attribute type with posixAccount etc. so you will get
> errors. :-)

man slapd.conf :

replica :

        [...]

        An attr list can be given after the attr keyword to
       allow  the  selective replication of the listed attributes only;
       if the  optional !   mark  is  used,  the  list is  considered
       exclusive, i.e. the listed attributes are not replicated.  If an
       objectClass is listed, all the related attributes are (are  not)
       replicated.

Am i drunk ? ;-)  if an objectClass is listed, .....

Does somebody use the replication with objectClasses filters ?

Can i use objectClasses filters with a slave initialized with nothing ?

What objectClasses do i have to list with the operator = ? (top, ... ?)

Is it an expected behavior : ?

I got a master/slave replication. i don t use filters....

I add/delete/modrdn/modify an entry, then changes are repercuted to the slave
or do
i have to slapcat, ftp, slapadd every change i made ?

Can i do the same with filters  (attr and objectClasses) ?
(Zorglub grins evilly....)