RE: 2.1.17 performance issues

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, Howard Chu wrote:

> [...]

This is interesting. BDB stores al values in tuples of ("key","value"). in
essential these are index lookups that should be fast. An extra
environnement cache wouldn't be nessecary right ? The cache lookups are
also similar to index loookups (get entry fron page given key). If the
whole cache was stored in memory then i could understand why this is
faster, But bdb stores this file by defualt on disk....

i'm still trying to answer this question, uhm anyone got an idea ?