Re: help me

lau, 26/04/2003 klokka 11:32, skreiv Chee Wai Yeung:

> I think slapd has to start as root, as by default it
> tries to bind to port 389. Only root-started processes
> can bind to ports <1024.
>
> If slapd is to be started as non-root, in addition to
> the data directories needing to be owned by the user,
> slapd should start with something like:
>
> slapd -h ldap://hostname:port/
>
> where port >= 1024.

Ermm .. had you actually done a 'ps -ef[w]' when you wrote this?

How come my slapd is running on ports 389, 636 and 9009 as user ldap?
Let alone exim on port 25 as user exim, httpd on port 80 as user nobody,
etc.

1054 [root:billy.demon.nl] /root # l /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd
-rwxr-xr-x    1 nobody   nobody     555000 okt  7  2002
/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd

Tony

--
Tony Earnshaw

Do not come to visit me with both arms the same length.

e-post:		tonni@billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl

Tony Earnshaw