Re: "add" and "replace" at the same time?

Hi Volker!

Don't you think that it is too dangerous to make this with add/modify? A little example:

ADS has got a group A and OpenLDAP has the same group defined (they're in sync):

dn: cn=A,...
uniqueMember: userA
uniqueMember: userB
uniqueMember: userC

Now some Windows-Guru deletes userB and adds userD to this group. Your LDIF will show this:

dn: cn=A,...
uniqueMember: userA
uniqueMember: userC
uniqueMember: userD

But you don't know anything about userB anymore. So userB would never be deleted on your OpenLDAP. And that could be a security risk. I think you have to write a script/app for doing this.

Chris

Maibaum, Volker wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to synchronize Data between Active Directory and OpenLDAP (except
Passwords). I read the changes made in Active Directory with ldapsearch and I want put
the resulting LDIF-Information into OpenLDAP, by using ldapmodify.
Now I have the problem, that I can either use "ldapmodify -a" to add new
Entries, or "ldapmodify -r" to replace existing Entries, but not both at the
same time.

Is there a way I can import an LDIF-File into OpenLDAP, so that the existing
Entries are overwritten (without deleting Attributes that are not in the
LDIF-File) and not-existing Entries are added to OpenLDAP?

What may be the best way to do this?

thanks in advance,

Volker