Von: Tarassov Vadim [mailto:Vadim.Tarassov@winterthur.ch]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 23. April 2003 19:16
An: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Betreff: I don't understand problem with ldap backend

Hallo everybody,

may be someone has an idea .....

I've got somewhere IBMs Secure Server LDAP. It has two backends, and I am trying to use OpenLDAP ldap backend as a proxy to those two backends. I was able to connect to backend with suffix

"ou=user,o=winterthur,c=ch".

However when trying to connect to backend with suffix

"profiletype=user,sysplex=local" I get following error message when starting open ldap server:

line 74 (suffix         "profiletype=user,sysplex=local")
>>> dnPrettyNormal: <profiletype=user,sysplex=local>
=> ldap_bv2dn(profiletype=user,sysplex=local,0)
<= ldap_bv2dn(profiletype=user,sysplex=local,0)=0
/opt/eplatform/openldap-2.1.17/etc/openldap/slapd.conf: line 74: suffix DN is invalid
slapd shutdown: freeing system resources.
slapd stopped.
connections_destroy: nothing to destroy.
ratte /opt/eplatform/openldap-2.1.17/libexec $

What is wrong with that suffix DN?

Thanx a lot in advance, vadim tarassov.

Vadim Tarassov
e-Platform Solution Center