From: ZhangPu [mailto:zhang@fjh.fujitsu.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2003 4:19 PM
To: Isamar Maia
Cc: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: Re: Japanese DN

>Using "lv" I can see the original japanese code is Shift-jis.
You should change the japanese code to UTF-8.
If you want to import Japanese, you must use UTF-8. Casue OpenLDAP support
it but not
other japanese code.

By the way, You could try to use ldif file to import the entries what do you
want to add.
use -f option.

but the ldif file must be saved as UTF-8 code. (you can use Hidemaru and
etc. to save them)

good luck.