RE: BDB recovery after power outage

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, Howard Chu wrote:
> [...]

Let me just say that I've found it extraordinarily difficult to discover
the proper channels for contributing to OpenLDAP.  I don't know why --
when I figure that out, I'll do my best to explain it, in the hope that it
may help others who seem to have the same trouble.  Maybe it's just
different styles of thinking, or too much familiarity with other projects
which are organized differently.

I should also say that I tried again, just now, to understand this issue,
and either I finally heard the right words here on this list or the
website has been made much clearer to people like me, because now I do see
what appear to be the "proper channels".  I do feel that the documentation
for OpenLDAP has improved significantly since I first became interested in
the project.  Maybe I'll be able to give back more than an occasional
eccentric email, now.

[sound of me slinking back into my den, to reread more pages]

MS Windows *is* user-friendly, but only for certain values of "user".