Re: LDAP odbc -> FirstClass

Mathieu Thevenin:

> I need to synchronize a mail server directory (Centrinty FirstClass mail
> server)  with an openldap server.
> The only way to read the directory of this server is by using the included
> RAD, which seems to allow only odbc connections. That's why i need to use
> a "driver" like Odbc.
> Thanks.

Firstly, I don't know about Centrinty FirstClass mail server. Secondly,
what type of backend do you currently use with OpenLDAP?

If your OpenLDAP does not use a sql-based backend, you could write a
script of some kind (bash,python,perl,php ...) and save the wanted data
into comma-separated files with the help of cron or something.
You also do not mention which operatingsystem you're using. Using the
csv-files mentioned above, and if you're using e.g. any M$-os - they
have a built-in csv-odbc driver you can use. I suggest you contact the
company that wrote the mailserver-software for tips/clues.

Many mailservers today support many LDAP-servers (postfix,sendmail etc)
you might want to look at these. In the end it might just be a bit less
work.

--
Regards

Bjørn Ove Grøtan
"Resistance is futile.  You will be assimilated."