Re: ldap_bind: Can't contact LDAP server

Cécile Leyman wrote:

"netstat -ant | grep 389" => this port is open ?

Try to start openldap in debug mode such as "slapd -d 255" to view error message(s).

When you have built OpenLDAP, do you have run "make test" before make install ?

Do you have linked your libdb-*.so (The BDB lib) in your /lib or /usr/lib
directory ?

What's the version of BDB ? OpenLDAP ?

Regards,

Cécile.

Quoting SURESHKUMAR <sureshkumar@siptech.co.in>:

Hi,

When I run the LDAP Server it is running fine.I confirmed it first using ps -A.To confirm it again I tried searching using the following command : ldapsearch -x -b '' -s base '(objectclass=*)' namingContexts
but I get the following error : ldap_bind: Can't contact LDAP server.

My system set up is :
OS - RedHatLinux 7.3
DB - BerkeleyDB

Iam attaching my slapd.conf file,can anyone help me .

rgds
Suresh.K

Mail sent through GFI Mailserver1.0
info: ava@gfi.be

Hi,

   I tried running it in teh debug mode,Iam getting the foll. error:

[root@qmg004 suresh]# /usr/local/libexec/slapd -d 255
@(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.1.16 (Tue Apr 15 09:12:50 IST 2003) $
       suresh@qmg004:/home/suresh/openldap-2.1.16/servers/slapd
daemon_init: <null>
daemon_init: listen on ldap:///
daemon_init: 1 listeners to open...
ldap_url_parse_ext(ldap:///)
daemon: socket() failed errno=97 (Address family not supported by protocol)
daemon: initialized ldap:///
daemon_init: 2 listeners opened
slapd init: initiated server.
bdb_initialize: initialize BDB backend

I don't what is the exact error in my source.I run make test also b4 I install openldap.BerkeleyDB is also configured with openLdap.

versions : BDB - 4.1
openLDAP -2.1.16

thx in advance
Suresh