RE: BDB recovery after power outage

--On Monday, April 21, 2003 3:21 PM -0400 Frank Swasey <Frank.Swasey@uvm.edu> wrote:

1) What is required to set up the BDB Environment optimally for OpenLDAP usage?

This differs for every setup. What is best for our DB may not be best for yours.
You need to look at the amount of RAM you have available for the application, the size of the DB, etc.
I've posted Stanford's BDB DB_CONFIG file to this list several times, with an explanation of the parameters as well.

2) What is the daily process(es) that should be done to maintain the
health of a BDB?

Ours maintains its health with no intervention from us.

3) OMG the power went out! To recover the BDB, I do?

I'd hope you made backups, either with BDB's tools to do so, or by exporting your DB to LDIF... same as with any application's data.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Senior Systems Administrator