RE: BDB recovery after power outage

man, 21.04.2003 kl. 15.42 skrev Quanah Gibson-Mount:

> To say that BDB is not a viable backend because one has not taken the time
> to investigate how to use the software is flawed.

I was itching to comment on this, but it was addressed to Howard, so I
didn't.

Two things:

1: How on earth did I myself ever get to learn about the BDB db_*
utilities w/o first having read the Sleepycat docs and trying out what
is documented there?

2: There is a db_recover included with my (self-compiled from source)
MySQL distro, which also uses BDB. How did I get to know that? Why would
I need it?

The Sleepycat docs are probably the best example of how documentation
should be written that exist in open source software and worthy of all
men to be received.

However, I agree with Frank that the Openldap docs leave much to be
desired. On the other hand, there is a dearth of people who could
possibly improve on them and that's the main problem, as far as I can
see. The people who could are busy doing other things.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

Do not come to visit me with both arms the same length.

e-post:		tonni@billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl