LDAP to authnticate from Windows 2K Server: Trouble !

Hi

I wanted to know if anyone has got OpenLDAP 2.2 to authenticate a user from a Win2K directory server, before any operations are performed on the same.

Additionally my manager does not want me to use OpenLDAP as he says we do not want all the users accounts to be created again (200 of them), does anyone know of a away out... I am totally fed up after spending such a long time to know about OpenLDAP setting up the server and now being asked to use the Actual directory base of Win2K ( I do not even know if that ADS is LDAP compliant.)

Cheers
Vishal