Re: Replication using conditions

On Sat, Apr 19, 2003 at 04:11:18PM +0200, Jerome Walter wrote:
> First question : is it possible to consider replicating some fields of an
> account ? Do i have to patch something to make it work ?
>
> Second point : assuming that the precedent point is possible, and to have an
> "evolutive" schema, is it possible to consider matching conditions on the
> value of a field (i.e. if userAccess=A then replicate this, else not) ?

I have never tried this myself, but you should check the slapd.conf(5) manpage
about the replica directive and the "attr" parameter, reproduced below:

       replica   host=<hostname>[:port]   [tls=yes|critical]  [suffix=<suffix>
              [...]]      bindmethod=simple|sasl     [binddn=<simple      DN>]
              [credentials=<simple     password>]    [saslmech=<SASL    mech>]
              [secprops=<properties>] [realm=<realm>] [authcId=<authentication
              ID>] [authzId=<authorization ID>] [attr[!]=<attr list>]
              Specify  a  replication  site  for  this database.  Refer to the
              "OpenLDAP Administrator's Guide"  for  detailed  information  on
              setting  up  a  replicated slapd directory service. Zero or more
              suffix instances can be used to select the subtrees that will be
              replicated  (defaults  to  all  the  database).  A bindmethod of
              simple requires the options binddn and  credentials  and  should
              only  be used when adequate security services (e.g TLS or IPSEC)
              are in place. A bindmethod of sasl requires the option saslmech.
              Specific  security properties (as with the sasl-secprops keyword
              above) for a SASL bind can be set with the  secprops  option.  A
              non-default SASL realm can be set with the realm option.  If the
              mechanism will use Kerberos, a kerberos instance should be given
              in authcId.  An attr list can be given after the attr keyword to
              allow the selective replication of the listed  attributes  only;
              if  the  optional  !   mark  is  used,  the  list  is considered
              exclusive, i.e. the listed attributes are not replicated.  If an
              objectClass  is listed, all the related attributes are (are not)
              replicated.