Re: OpenLDAP rootdn/rootpw

> > I recently migrated a server to FreeBSD.  The server previously
> > ran OpenLDAP on Linux, and I have installed OpenLDAP from the
> > ports collection.  Before the migration, I backed up the OpenLDAP
> > data files on the Linux box, and restored the files into

[snip]

> man slappasswd.

I already had a password hash generated and entered into the
slapd.conf config file.  After reviewing log files on the log
host, it appears there was a problem with the schema.  The
slapd server didn't like the inetOrgPerson objectclass for
some reason.  Turning schema checking off seems to have fixed
the problem.

Thanks,
j.

--