Re: search blocks modify -- why?

OK, I think I understand that with the ldbm backend, locking is done at a
file level.  I assume this means that id2entry.dbb is locked whenever a
modify is in progress.  But can someone explain or summarize the various
locking scenarios for both search and modify, and when one might block the
other?  Does search by default put the equivalent of a read lock on the
file, which could block a modify while the search runs?

Allan
--
"If you understand what you're doing, you're not learning anything."
                                                -- Anonymous