Re: 2.1.17 performance issues

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003, Andreas wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 01:11:10AM +0200, xoror@infuse.org wrote:
> > I've now set the cachesize to 300MB and reimported all the data, The
> > performance is now good. (still ldbm is twice as fast as back-bdb.) i've
>
> What is your performance now?

Well it's really specific for my testcase. I'm testing with a directory of
50k entries. 1000 operations are performed, 60% are modifications, 30% are
filters and 10% are authentication. I made sure that slapd was getting a
constant mix of differerent kind of operations. i have figures with other
percentages as well. But i think i need to redo them with new cache
settings.

They averages where:

slapd 2.1.17 (ldbm), 32 clients, test completed in approx. 3 sec.
slapd 2.1.17 (bdb), 32 clients, test completed in approx. 6 sec.

for details on platform, system etc, see my previous posting.