Re: Strange ACL request

I'm not quite sure what you mean. This is the defination for my admins
group.

dn: cn=admins,ou=groups,dc=feedbackplusinc,dc=com
objectClass: top
objectClass: posixGroup
cn: admins
gidNumber: 2000
memberUid: jhaltom
memberUid: lburton

What I gathered from Howard Chu's reply, was that I should add

objectClass: groupOfNames
member: uid=jhaltom,ou=users,dc=feedbackplusinc,dc=com
member: uid=lburton,ou=users,dc=feedbackplusinc,dc=com

and then an ACL such as this would work

access to *
        by dn="cn=root,dc=feedbackplusinc,dc=com" write
        by group.base="cn=admins,ou=groups,dc=feedbackplusinc,dc=com"
write
        by * read

Correct?