LDAP SSL/TLS client example/docs?

Hi,

I currently have openldap-2.1.17 installed on a SuSE 8.1 box.  Clients can
use
server side SSL/TLS successfully (so far) if they have the imported CA cert
used
to sign my server cert.

What I really want to do now is write client code that will connect to the
server via
SSL/TLS (client side authentication is not required).

The client would only require the CA cert to be listed in ldap.conf.  I am
thinking that
the client code will have to call ldap_start_tls_s() but documentation on
this function
is scarce.  No man page for it and not much on the web.

I have found some small examples in the mailing list archive as well as in
the
source code (clients/tools/ldapsearch.c ?).

Does anyone have a good example, know of a good example, or know of any
docs that might help me out.

Cheers,
Kent Soper

Linux Technology Center, Linux Security