Re: Storing the search results in a file

If you are using "-t", I assume you want the values to not be base64 encoded?

I don't think there is a way to rename the files (as it is not in the man
pages), but you may try getting the Mozilla ldapsearch client. It has a -B
option that produces an LDIF to standard out without base64 encoding
non-ASCII. You can then use redirection to any file you want.

You could also modify the source for the OpenLDAP ldapsearch to work for
your purposes.

-lon