Re: schema

Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
At 11:54 AM 4/9/2003, De Leeuw Guy wrote:

Why the attributes entryCSN and entryUUID does not appear in
the schema of the server ? (openldap 2.1.16/17)

Because there isn't yet a formal specification (e.g., RFC) defining these operational attributes.

Hmm...

is a this technical reason ?

It's more process than technical. We'll publish the descriptions once the IETF specifies what they are.

How about publishing an experimental schema description with OpenLDAP-specific OIDs in the mean time? Everyone at the IETF-LDAP lists is telling LDAP programmers to look at the schema for everything. But if the application developers do it's far from complete. Oh, yeah. The next answer is you shouldn't expect the schema to be complete... :-(

E.g. for every attribute type I'd like to see whether it's there and whether is has 'NO-USER-MODIFICATION' and/or 'USAGE directoryOperation'.

Ciao, Michael.