Re: userpassword encryption

Okay,
First of all, you should NOT expect instant answers to your questions.

The password-hash determines how passwords are encrypted when slapd
is setting the password with the password modify operation
(which is what ldappasswd does).

When you use ldapmodify, you are updating the attribute not slapd.
So if you want it encrypted, you need to encrypt it and supply
the encrypted/hashed value to ldapmodify.

See ldappasswd(1) and slapd.conf(5) for details.