Aliases / Secondary Lookups

I'm creating a directory for my office to serve as an office/client addressbook, as well as manage office email and internal/client site logins

To illustrate what I want to do, let me just work with the people/email interrelation

For the email component, the structure right now is...
      dn: fqdn=domain.com/net/org,ou=Email,o=mobwire,dc=redivi,dc=com
A person's record would be something like
      dn: cn=blah blah,ou=People,o=mobwire,dc=redivi,dc=com

What I'd like to do, is insert records below fqdn that would have the local part of the email address. In this case, Exim would search for the localpart under the fully qualified domain name. Rather than house the maildir in that entry, I'd rather try to set up some alias to the record under People -- so changing a user's Maildir will only require 1 record update regardless how many fqdn's they have email at. Right now, I've got exim doing an ldap search for the email address, returning the people record, then doing a second search on that people record for the actual maildir

I'd like to get that down to 1 search, if possible -- as its not just going to be an exim thing, but also used for web authentication and a half dozen other things. I'm fairly convinced that this is the right way to do it -- having a single actual record, then pointers under various branches that i add/delete -- but I'm a little unsure of how to approach this.

Any suggestions?