Re: Sloooooooowwwwwwwwwww LDAP queries

--On Tuesday, April 08, 2003 10:22 PM -0500 Robert Canary <phantom@ohiocounty.net> wrote:

I am haveing a terrible time, with LDAP taking from 80 upto 180 seconds
for simple ldapadd functions...

Anyone know any tricks to get LDAP to respond and move quicker..the
server is a dual 2.4ghz w/1gig ram, I know lack of horsepower is not the
issue...it is almost like it is running in MS-DOS with the old single
thread mode.

It is causing problems with our signup CD, the registeration server will
timeout, mean while I can check ldap server, and it is still process the
requests....finally it gets around to adding the record. The longest
wait I have recorded so far is 3min 28sec.  To add one record. Its not
the signup scripts, the radius/mysql end of things will run lickety
split.

thanks in advance :-)

What version of OpenLDAP are you running? What DB backend are you using? more information, please...

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Senior Systems Administrator