Re: two question,thanks

Unless I am misunderstanding your questions, they seem to be very basic
LDAP operations and it appears that you may be unclear about directories
and LDAP?

I would suggest you read up a bit on LDAP, LDAP queries, and the API that
you are using. You will probably find that 30 minutes of reading on LDAP
will answer 90% (or more) of your questions.

I would certianly reccomend that you have a firm grasp of LDAP before you
attempt to use an API on an LDAP server. It will make things much easier
for you.