Re: problems inserting records : ldap_add: No such object (32)

On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 10:30:10AM -0400, Jonathan Vanasco wrote:

> i can't seem to add any records.. after going through some list
> archives and cos, I tried adding the .com and tld dcObjects first - as
> that seemed to be the correct thing to do.  that didn't work.

You don't need the dc=com object because your suffix definition says
"dc=redivi,dc=com" - so that is the first object that you should add.

> slapd.conf:
> --------------
> 	database        bdb
> 	suffix          "dc=redivi,dc=com"
> 	rootdn          "cn=Manager,dc=redivi,dc=com"
>
> insert.ldif
> -------

Remove this part:

> dn: dc=com
> objectclass: dcObject
> objectClass: organization
> objectClass: top
> dc: com

This should be the first object to add, but it needs an 'o' attribute
as it has objectClass: organization.

> dn: dc=redivi, dc=com
> objectclass: dcObject
> objectClass: organization
> objectClass: top
> dc: redivi

I would also advise removing the extra space in the dn: line so
that it looks like this:

dn: dc=redivi,dc=com

(Certain versions of OpenLDAP are very picky about DN format so it
pays to be consistent)

Once you have added dc=redivi,dc=com you should be able to add the
things underneath it.

Andrew