Re: cn=Log,cn=Monitor

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:

backend; however it'd be of little use; my usual strategy
is to add ACLs that allow regular users belonging to other
databases to operate on monitor entries.

Makes sense to me. I'll try with ACLs. Can you please post an example?

database bdb # any other database ... suffix "dc=example,dc=com" # ...

database monitor
access to *
    by dn.exact="uid=Administrator,ou=People,dc=example,dc=com" write
    by dn="uid=[^,]+,ou=People,dc=example,dc=com" read
    by * none

BTW: I'm using REL_ENG_2_1 CVS-updated yesterday with the following config:

database        monitor

access to *
    by dn.exact="cn=root,dc=stroeder,dc=com" write
    by * read

This does not work for me. I still get unWillingToPerform without info message when bound as cn=root,dc=stroeder,dc=com. Why? When bound as anonymous I get strongAuthRequired and when bound as other user I get insufficientAccessRights which both makes sense to me. But unWillingToPerform sounds like this backend is not writeable at all.

Ciao, Michael.