Status of VC++ port of openldap?

Hi,

I have persevered and got openldap 2.1.16 slapd & utilities to build and run
using vc++, cyrus sasl 2.1.12, and berkely db 4.1.25.  I'm still working on
slurpd under that environment.

Doing this, I had to make changes to the vc++ workspace and projects, plus a
couple of changes to the sasl headers.

It appears that the vc++ project in the distribution has not been maintained
for a couple of iterations, more for some of the sub-projects and build
types.

Specifically, some of the builds of single threaded versions seem not to
have been updated for some time.

Within slurpd, I have almost got it compiling under vc++ workspace but I
have had to add code into the include files to convert some MS function
calls into their microsoft closest approximation.  I presume slurpd has
never been compiled under vc++ workspace.

A few questions

Is there a process in hand to keep the vc++ port current?

Are the workspace and code changes I have made useful to be put back into
the project?

If so, how?

Are the single threaded versions still needed?