Re: how scalable is openldap

On Fri, 2003-04-04 at 23:44, asr@ufl.edu wrote:
[snip]
> That'd be me.
>
> We've got 1.15 million people, and another 100,000-ish other objects in our
> LDAP right now, once we get really swinging I expect us to add at least
> another few hundred thousand.

- What version of openldap do you use?
- Hardware setup? (how many stealth hosts/cpu power etc)
- how many queries/second do you do?
- did you do any performance testing before it went online (how/and with
what software)
- Do you have experience with other (wrong list to ask ....:) software
eg commercial ones (novell edirectory/sun/etc)

--
JJ van Gorkum                             Knowledge Zone
If UNIX isn't the solution, you've got the wrong problem.