openldap + sendmail

Hi,

Just wanna put forward my experiences with openldap-2.1.16 and
sendmail. Maybe someone has some advice for me.

i'm of course running sendmail 8.12.9 and using the following
in my sendmail.mc file to pull aliases out of my ldap server.

define(confLDAP_DEFAULT_SPEC, `-h myldapserver -b
cn=administrator,ou=administration,dc=mydomain,dc=com,dc=au
-d cn=administrator,ou=administration,dc=mydomain,dc=com,dc=au
-M simple -P /etc/mail/ldap_secret')dnl
define(`ALIAS_FILE', `ldap:')dnl

Putting the way i'm authing to one side, i'm finding the
amount of load put on my ldap server is pretty crazy when
sendmail queries for aliases in large doses.

An example of an alias entry in ldap is:
dn:sendmailMTAKey=gordon,ou=sendmail,dc=mydomain,dc=com,dc=au
objectClass: sendmailMTA
objectClass: sendmailMTAAlias
objectClass: sendmailMTAAliasObject
sendmailMTAAliasGrouping: aliases
sendmailMTAHost: mail.mydomain.com.au
sendmailMTAKey: gordon
sendmailMTAAliasValue: gordon@myotherdomain.com

To make a long story short, i'm curious to know if i'm doing
this in the correct way ?

Thanks.