help: how to change context to adapt with different slapd configuration!!!

hi, everybody,

I meet a question when using JDNI
(om.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory),following errors are reported:
"
javax.naming.LimitExceededException: Referral limit exceeded.  Root
exception is com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapReferralException:[LDAP: error code 10 -
Referral]; rema
ining name ''
"

I use a referral the the ldbms, one is a subtree of another, when I
configure both the configuration files as the same rootdn & rootpw, and the
same suffix, all is OK, but , whatever I change one ,situation changes. for
example, i changed the subtree ldbm configuration file,as different rootpw,
such error reports. Or I changed only the subtree suffix as
"o=subtree,o=JNDITutorial"(origin is "o=JNDITutorial", and the database's
real existed root is "o=subtree,o=JNDITutorial"), same error also reports.
How should I do ? How can I change the context to adapt with different
configuration?  thank you very much !!!:)