Re: how do you enable protocol version 2 support?

ok, i just added....

ldap_set_option($connectId, LDAP_OPT_PROTOCOL_VERSION, 3);

to my php.ini  file but it did not do any good. i am still getting:

Could not bind to ldap server: Protocol error

when trying to run phpqladmin. the only way i have been able to get the script to run was to enable v2 support in openldap but i really dont want to do that and would rather use v3. i am using php-4.3.1 via the mod option to apache.

Thanks in advance.

Ming Deng wrote:

BsD JuNkiE wrote:

How do you enable protocol v2 support in openldap 2.1.x? I am trying to get a php / ldap script (phpQLADMIN) to work and unfortunately php only supports ldapV2 so i am getting unable to bind to ldap server: protocol error. I found in the documentation the difference between the two protocols but not how to enable v2.

Thanks in advance and have a great day.

By default, php-ldap(it is a rpm come with php) use protocol 2. You can set php to use protocol 3 by:

ldap_set_option($connectId, LDAP_OPT_PROTOCOL_VERSION, 3);

Ming