Re: problems with the threads

Hello,

There have been numerous discussions on this list about threads, and the proper values for threads. More threads is NOT better. The total number of threads to use can vary on a number of things. You may wish to upgrade to 2.1.16, and see if that helps as well. A number of threading problems were fixed between 2.1.12 and 2.1.16. There is also another patch to tpool.c since 2.1.16 was released that fixes a threading problem that can be caused by sendmail. You can do a search on the openldap archives to find that message. What I can say, is that on our Solaris openldap systems, we found a thread value of 20 was the best. More than 20 threads seriously reduced performance.

--Quanah