Re: openldap core dumping under load

I should note that openldap 2.1.16/sendmail-8.12.8 is performing very well in my environment on slackware linux. I have a 1.2GHZ dell server with a raid5 array (I know, not the best setup for mail) but was still able to turn about 2100 messages a minute for 8 straight hours without fail. I'm using the 2.4.20 kernel with the ext3 patches and also the new 2.0.3 megaraid driver.

I don't use the full-on sendmail-ldap routing table, but I have a couple of rules that lookup data in ldap and my virtusertable is also mapped to ldap.

Howard, any idea when the fixes in ITS# 2404 will make it to a release? I really try to avoid CVS releases in production.

Thanks,

schu

Igor Brezac wrote:
I am not sure if this is related, but I noticed that sendmail using ldapi
fails to connect to the ldap server at random times under moderate to
heavy loads.  I changed to ldap://localhost/ and problem when away.  This
is not a very busy sendmail installation.

-Igor