RE: Configuring Solaris 8 clients

--On Wednesday, March 26, 2003 8:56 AM -0500 Igor Brezac <igor@ipass.net> wrote:

This is a bit too simplistic and it will not work on Solaris 9 until ldap_cachemgr is started. To make this setup complete you need to add your domain to /etc/defaultdomain, /etc/init.d/ldap.client start and restart nscd (/etc/init.d/nscd stop and then start). nscd does not need to run in order for this to work, in the long run you do want nscd running. For more check out:

Solaris 9
http://docs.sun.com/db/doc/806-4077/6jd6blbdk?a=view

Igor,

On my Solaris 9 box, at least, running that command started up nscd and the ldap cache manager. It has been running on my system for several weeks without problem. It also created /etc/defaultdomain.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Senior Systems Administrator ITSS/TSS/Computing Systems Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html