Re: beyond descriptor table size error

Thanks to all for the replies. This looks promising, I should have
thought about network connections. This ldap server is hit hard, it's
used for email address lookups. We had a mail loop that caused close to
4000 sendmail processes to pile up in a WAIT state on another machine
the other day. It's very possible many or all of those had a connection
open or were trying to open a connection. But even without that, I see
this problem occurring.

The startup script does do a ulimit -n 16384 before it starts the slapd
daemon but I am not sure if that then is inherited. file-max is close to
300,000, I remember looking at that before.

But, looking at the established connections verses closed may tell me
something and setting idle_timeout sounds like a good idea anyway, it
currently is not set, thanks Howard. I'll give this a shot before I
tweak and recompile. I agree, I doubt fdset is the issue, but I might
have to increase setsize, these two ldap servers do get beat on a lot.

I shouldn't have to wait too long, this is a daily occurrence.

-Curt