Re: beyond descriptor table size error

--On Monday, March 24, 2003 11:41 AM -0600 Curtis J Blank <curt@uwm.edu> wrote:

This may be a stupid question but I haven't been able to find any
references to it so I'm going to ask, has anyone seen this error? And if
so, what is happening and how does one fix it? (openldap 2.0.27)

Mar 24 07:30:00 ldap01 slapd[7092]: daemon: 1024 beyond descriptor table
size 1024

Needless to say, ldap stops working properly when this is occurring, and
has to be stopped and restarted.

Curtis,

Sounds like your system has run out of file descriptors. Are you running on Solaris? You can set the number of available file descriptors for your system in /etc/system, although there can be issues with using more than 1024.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Senior Systems Administrator