Re: Problems using OpenLDAP 2.1 client libraries to connect to OpenLDAP 2.0 server

* marc.bigler@day.com <marc.bigler@day.com> [23-03-03 16:56]:

> >As the error message says: The certificate of thee server is not valid.
> >Either fix the servers certificate or put the following setting in
> >ldap.conf as a work around:
>
> > TLS_REQCERT never
>
> >Have a look at ldap.conf(5) for more info.
>
> I must say that I don't understand really why suddently using OpenLDAP 2.1
> client libraries my certificate is invalid, if I use OpenLDAP 2.0 client
> libraries it works perfectly... Btw: I use a self signed certificate. Does
> OpenLDAP 2.1 client libraries have other "rules" of certificate validity ?
> If yes what are they and how do I then create s valid self-signed
> certificate ?
>
> Many thanks for the help

See http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/185.html for the requirements
of using TLS/SSL in the 2.1 version, as you have noticed the behaviour
of the library has slightly changed in this regard.

mitu