RE: Adding attributes (in a massive way)....

Today at 8:52am, Katja Sizova wrote:

> Are there any ideas about slapadd and slapcat performance (any
> platform/number of entries/entry size)? Is there a linear dependency of the
> number of entries? If I am to import/export let's say 10 million entries
> (12K entry size) on a SUN Netra 1405 what should I expect?

On my servers (IBM x330's with dual 1.2GHz Pentium III processors
running Red Hat Linux 7.3 and Openldap 2.0.27), I am able to slapcat my
almost 54000 entry database in about 18 seconds.  The slapadd takes
about 4m30s.  An ldapmodify hitting all 54000 entries would take about
15 hours.

Frank

Systems Programmer              | Always remember: You are UNIQUE,
                    === God Bless Us All ===