Re: Deleting non-leaf entries from LDAP.

Hi all ,

  Thank you all for the responses.

  I would like to do this in my program so using ldapdelete is not possible.

  So I am left with the only option of deleting all the leaf entries
recursively.
  That looks like a very slow process to delete entries one by one :-( ...

Thanks and Regards
Bandi

Martin Smith wrote:

> I believe there's an "-r" switch in ldapdelete that does the necessary
> recursion.
>
> Martin
>
> Michael Ströder wrote:
>
> > Christian Pohl wrote:

> > > You have to delete it all one by one starting at the leaves up to the
> > > "non-leave".
> >
> > Note that when coding such a thing the operational attribute
> > 'hasSubordinates' available in recent OpenLDAP 2.1.x is quite handy.
> > You have to explicitly request this operational attribute.
> >
> > (There are similar operational attributes on other LDAP servers:
> > 'numSubordinates' on Netscape/Sun/iPlanet, 'subordinateCount' on
> > Novell eDirectory).
> >
> > Ciao, Michael.

begin:vcard
n:Bandi;Sridhar
tel;home:91-80-2716945
tel;work:91-80-2052886
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Hewlett Packard;SNSL India-ISEC
version:2.1
email;internet:bandis@india.hp.com
adr;quoted-printable:;;30c=3B HP=3B;bangalore;;560052;India
x-mozilla-cpt:;-23936
fn:Sridhar Bandi
end:vcard