Re: Different CN's for DN and CN.

On Tue, 2003-03-18 at 09:33, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:

> > On Tue, 17 Mar 2003, Andrew McCall wrote:
> >
> >> It looks like I have a load of perl-coding so I can clear this up :(
> >
> > If it's any help, I have a Perl script that looks for this and other
> > anomalies; it doesn't correct them, but reports them.  It takes a
> > slapcat file as input (I can't use Net::LDAP because it croaks in the
> > face of these errors).
> >
> > It currently looks for:
> >
> >   Missing RDN
> >   Multiple RDNs
> >   Mismatched RDN
> >   Missing superior for objectClass
> >   Orphan
>
> You may also run slapadd in continue mode (-c) and in

I knew about the -c - its very usefull when porting between directory
servers.  I used it to port our directory from Netcape Directory Service
3.1 to OpenLDAP 2.

> dryrun mode (-u, which I notice now it's undocumented);
> this way it doesn't stop in case of error and it doesn't
> actually write to the backend.

This would be very usefull! How do you find out about undocumented
features? Do I have to "use the source".... ?

Thanks

Andrew McCall

the system manager.

www.oldham.gov.uk