Re: need confirmation

Tarassov Vadim wrote:
Hallo everybody,

Imagine I have entries with attribute "X" and attribute "Y" which is SUP of "X". Now when I search LDAP using filter like

(&(X=something)(objectClass=whatsoever))

LDAP server returns me entries where "X" actually does not satisfy filter though "Y" does. Is it correct behavior?

Yes, that is absolutely correct. By defining "Y" is SUP of "X" you are implying that a "Y" is a special kind of "X" so if you say (X=something) this condition also applies for (Y=something) (bit not vice versa).

Yours
Stephan Siano