Re: auth with ldap

Am Freitag, 14. März 2003 11:57 schrieb Shahin:
> Hi list ,
> I have installed openldap and it works properly(make test was succesfull)
> and there is squid on same box (RH 7.3 2.4.19 Squid Cache: Version
> 2.4.STABLE6)
> Is it possible to make authantication for squid users , if the password
> and usernames for auth are stored on the other box ?
> Or what must I do for accomplishing this task ?
>
> Shahin

yes, there is a little programm called 'squid_ldap_auth' which you can use as
authenticate_program in squid.conf. see man squid_ldap_auth for more details.

Martin

H E L I X Gesellschaft für Software & Engineering mbH
Hanauer Landstrasse 52              Telefon (069) 4789 35-30
60314 Frankfurt am Main             Telefax (069) 4789 35-44
http://www.helix-gmbh.net                info@helix-gmbh.net