Re: Auto-Increment

Robert Canary said:
> Is it possible to create an auto-incrementing field in LDAP?  I would
> like to use it in my uidNumber field from the accoun schema.

No.  Problem is update conflicts due to no atomic "read and lock" support
in the protocol.  But there are ways... search list archives for several
threads on getting the next/max value of uidnumber, for same purposes.
Was a discussion of this just a couple of months ago or so.

> It would certain be a wonderfull feature, IMHO.
Kinda would be magical, yeah...

Alan Sparks, UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator    <asparks@doublesparks.net>