RE: iPlanet 4.1 and OpenLDAP 2.1.12

Thank you very much for your gentle and patient reply. Your "allow bind_v2"
suggestion was of course quite accurate, however, I uncovered that
information yesterday afternoon. If you would be so kind, I would appreciate
the opportunity to burden yourself and the rest of the community with some
additional information. Hopefully this will offer a touch more insight into
my issue. You will be relieved to discover that it is the tail end of an
OpenLDAP debug trace which was received by calling slapd with the "-d 65535"
option and then requesting the client to perform a query. I am sure this is
much more familiar territory for yourself and the others.

====> bdb_cache_find_entry_id( 6719 )
"uid=XXXXX,ou=People,dc=ddddd,dc=ccccc,dc
=bbbbb,dc=aaaaa,dc=com" (found) (1 tries)
=> access_allowed: auth access to
"uid=XXXXX,ou=People,dc=ddddd,dc=ccccc,dc=bbbbb
,dc=aaaaa,dc=com" "userPassword" requested
=> access_allowed: backend default auth access granted to ""
send_ldap_result: conn=0 op=23 p=3
send_ldap_result: err=49 matched="" text=""
send_ldap_response: msgid=173 tag=97 err=49
ber_flush: 15 bytes to sd 10
  0000:  30 0d 02 02 00 ad 61 07  0a 01 31 04 00 04 00      0.....a...1....
ldap_write: want=15, written=15
  0000:  30 0d 02 02 00 ad 61 07  0a 01 31 04 00 04 00      0.....a...1....
conn=0 op=23 RESULT tag=97 err=49 text=
====> bdb_cache_return_entry_r( 6719 ): returned (0)

This trace resulted from the client's request for user authentication
information from slapd. Would it be possible for you to take a moment to
explain what the various codes are implying about the tail end of this
particular transaction, and how you believe a properly functioning client
would interpret this information?

Thank you very much for your time and effort. It is most appreciated!

-Robert